The Outreach Roundtable
Do you have an idea for the Outreach Roundtable? Would you like to share information about the ministries that you support? Join us during the Roundtable meetings that are held on designated Fourth Sundays. You can also speak to a member of the clergy, look for outreach postings in common areas, or click here to email us.
Parish Wide Ministries
Annual and Ongoing Projects:
- The Cooperative Christian Ministry (CCM)
- The Hickory Soup Kitchen
- The Corner Table, Newton, NC
- The Cooperative Christian Ministry Health Care Center
- Episcopal Relief & Development Fund
- Specific support for Haiti and Pakistan
- Nets for Life
- Adoption of 2 families at a local elementary school providing school supplies, clothing and special items that support the family
Church Supported Small Group or Individual Ministries:
- Tutoring children at local elementary students
- The Women’s Resource Center
- Red Cross
- Safe Harbor Rescue Mission
- Brett’s Ride
Cooperative Christian Ministry
The mission of the Cooperative Christian Ministry is to bring together the resources of the community to serve people in need of crisis assistance, support, and education in response to God’s call. Each July St. Alban’s collects canned food which is given to CCM.
Hickory Soup Kitchen/Newton’s Corner Table
The mission of the Hickory Soup Kitchen is to provide food for the hungry in an atmosphere of compassion and grace. Well-planned nutritious meals are served every weekday. The Parish has also helped with the start-up of The Corner Table Soup in Newton. Today, The Corner Table is a relaxed and welcoming place for those in need of food and comfort. St. Alban’s continues to provide assistance to both organizations through donations and volunteers. St. Alban’s also has parishioners who sit on each of the soup kitchen’s boards.
In addition to volunteering and preparing/serving meals at these facilities, St. Alban’s lends financial support:
- Souperbowl Sunday – Parishioners are asked to donate money on Super Bowl Sunday. These funds are shared between the 2 kitchens.
- Support and attendance at the yearly Spaghetti Dinner (HSK)
- Participation in Hickory’s Oktoberfest “Castle of Cans”
- Annually budgeted amounts from the Outreach Round Table.